Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I hear the secrets that you keep (na...na na) when you're talkin' in your sleep

I love when people talk in their sleep. This was an exact recount of what happened when I came home last night and Steve was already in bed asleep...

Me: (whispering) Hi Babes.

Steve: (also whispering) Who is that?

Me: Its me!

Steve: Me?? Hey, I don't want any trouble!

Me: I'm not going to give you any trouble...its just me!

Steve: Oh, ok....Listen, I have to go to work. *rolls over and begins to snore*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or who could forget the time I fell asleep on the couch and my sister tried to get me to go to my bed...

Suzanne: Caroline! Go to bed.

Me: I can't...that's where the cat sleeps.

Suzanne: What? What do you mean?

Me: Watch out for Gill Road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a friend that used to talk in her sleep all the time. We would make getting her to talk in her sleep the main focal point of sleepovers. We would try to spark any conversation we could...

Us: Are you ready for breakfast?

Friend: German Waffles??

Us: Sure...German waffles.

And sometimes she would just hand us material...

Friend: Here, hold this cup.

Us: What?

Friend: I made it for you. Now, its time for you to hold it.

2 comments:

R. Diablo said...

Ah, this reminds me of my favorite sleep talking moment. I should preface this by saying that I'm one of those people that, for some unexplainable reason, doesn't like to admit that I've fallen asleep. I'm that person that falls asleep while watching a movie with a bunch of people and then suddenly wakes up and laughs at the death scene because I felt the need to do something to show that I am awake.
This was kind of that same situation. Except not at all because I was alone, in my own room, and there was really no reason why I shouldn't have been sleeping.

Bobbert (walking into my room where I am passed out): Deena, do you have a pencil?

Me (jumping up and sitting straight up): 16 ounces in a pound!

Bobbert: huh? I asked if you had a pencil?

Me: I'm doing math.

Bobbert: Were you sleeping??

Me: NO! I'm doing Math!! 16 ounces in a pound!!

Bobbert (speaking to Judy as he is walking out of my room): I don't know what your child is talking about, but I don't think she has a pencil.

Sarah-the-Yente said...

HA! THAT WAS ME!